From Michael E. Gerber. Become an incredible student through the Practice of these 5 skills:
- concentration: gain the ability focus attention on what’s important.
- discrimination: decide what is important and more crucially what is not important.
- organization: turn chaos into order, create systems.
- innovation: in all things, strive for continuous improvement.
- communication: connect with other people online, face to face, public speaking, writing, etc.
In the spirit of presidential elections, I’d like to share one of my favorite quotes. Entrepreneurship is American!
“I do not choose to be a common man. It is my right to be uncommon-if I can. I seek opportunity-not security. I do not wish to be a kept citizen, humbled and dulled by having the state look after me. I want to take the calculated risk; to dream and to build, to fail and to succeed. I refuse to barter incentive for a dole. I prefer the challenges of life to the guaranteed existence; the thrill of fulfillment to the stale calm of utopia. I will not trade freedom for beneficence nor my dignity for a handout. I will never cower before any master nor bend to any threat. It is my heritage to stand erect, proud and unafraid; to think and act for myself, enjoy the benefit of my creations, and to face the world boldly and say, this I have done. All this is what it means to be an American.” — Dean Alfange, creed.